Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Skyrim Bathroom 004: Fus Ro Dah wall, behind the door storage

So I created a template and painted a Fus Ro Dah and helmet on the wall, an painted our storage cabinet ( that used to be a spice rack) Actually, it was a storage shelf glued to the door of a cupboard at our old apartment, and housing said it was killing the for and removed it and wanted to throw it away. I asked for it, attached a base and used it free standing. Now I've upgraded it, attached a bracket for a basket at the top.

Wall:
Stencil on card stock, exacto cut

Hand stencil


Coat one, hand painted

Second coat
Valspar colors: hematite for wording and crucible helmet. It is not centered but that's intentionional.. 


Shelf:
Starting to paint, the base is mahogany stain

The short ones are shelves ( also shown are the door and mirror pieces minus cornices)

Painted! 

Installed behind the door

And filled. It's anchored to the wall for safety with mollies/screws. Go safe or go home. ;) 


I'd like to switch out the bins if I can find something better, so keeping my eyes out.. Green and white not in keeping with my theme but, eh. It works :) getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!