Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Skyrim bathroom 008: there be dragons here

So you can't do Skyrim without dragons, because..


DRAGONS!!!

So we opted to go two ways: 

-Canvas for Alduin for the ceiling

-Sculpture/bas relief type for Paarthurnax to go over the door like he's watching the Throat of the World/High Hrothgar. 

There will be 3 canvases total: 2 sky (sm), one dragon (med). They are painted to look like the ceiling with 'comes the dawn' as a base coat, like walls/ceiling. I used 'homestead resort' and 'gossamer wings) to make clouds.

Paarthurnax is made of sculpey 3 clay, painted with acrylics and clear coat. 

-Alduin-

I used plain white canvas, penciled in my dragon body, and started painting around him with base coat. 

Base coat done, dry overnight. Smaller canvases are just solid base coat. 

To make clouds I used the tried and true, cheapo method of paper towel blotting :)



Clouds added:



Dragon detailed:

And the cloud panels:



Canvases hung up ( yay for command Velcro -soooo easy!):
Meant to look like he's circling the light.. 


-Paarthurnax-

I started with plain old white Sculpey III and started shaping. Body first, then adding some spikes and so on. The block is 2.5" x 2.5" if that gives you an idea of his size. Really it was trial and error, and this is what I got:

Not much change after I baked him for 2 hours at 235 (convection oven), but he's hardened like he should have. Yay!

Test fit on the door- discovered an issue. My measurement was off. Ugh. His wing broke at the joint, but it's all good.. Super glue before paint, so the wing sits at an angle so he fits. The door he's sitting on is in a corner, and my wing was slightly too long. 


But what's super cool- he's got a glow in the dark eye . DD was making glow stars for her Doctor WHO room with me while I worked on this, so thank you kiddo for sharing your sculpey and giving me the idea!


Wing fixed back on.. Paint next!

Base coat paint, after sanding a little:


Details- mind you I'm not the best painter, but he's not too bad:





Installed:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!