Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Garden 2015: Grape vines

I'll admit I know squat about grapes.. I bought two nice vine that have come along well.. I think.

Last year they spent all their effort putting down roots, I think. Almost no growth up top but they were growing, albeit slowwww. 

This year the one vine that grew like 6 inches last year has sprouted up to my knee. The other, hardier vine is like a friggin wild bush! It's monsterously big..

So I started digging around and found this info. Shouldn't expect output for a while but it's all good- I get grapevine this fall when I prune.

http://m.almanac.com/plant/grapes

I'll upload pictures of my out of control grape vines later.. It's too dark now, and I'm probably fit for grape shaming lol I should have investigated sooner, but at least now they have a solid root base, and I was able to mulch well this spring so they were able to weather out the drought this year like champs. 


Notable link: great info on processing and canning:
http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/FN_2005_Harvest-11.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!