Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Tragedy in Japan..

I have been lighting incense since last night when the worst of the quakes hit, saying prayers for those affected by this horrific natural disaster. I can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through, but I can at least offer my thoughts and hopes that they can come back form it quickly, and receive all teh support possibe. Hopefully the worst is over.

Fortunately so far all teh friends and family that we have and know are safe.

One of the things that bothers me is that people are already saying 'The beginning of the end' and 'End of the world is coming'. They are starting to claim that its the start of 2012. Whats sad is that the WBC will blame it on God's vengance, teh fanatics will use it as an excuse to do bad things, and people will get even more scared.

The fact of teh matter is that crap happens. Fire, earthquake, tornadoes, blizzards, accidents, you name it. What about the ice ages? What about the bottleneck of the human race because of the moster volcanoes when virtually all of humanity died? What about the other earthquakes that were the 4 worst ahead of this one? What about volcanic eruptions that annhialated entire city populuses like Pompeii? We as haumanity survived, we have come through natural disasters, hate, violence, wars, you name it. We have come through so many apoctalyptic predictions, and yet, here we are.

I cannot imagine any God or Goddess or Higher power that would cut us off with a fell swoop in 2012. I don't believe that there is a reason for it all- there is no revenge earthquake, no equivelency tsunami, no purposeful natural disaster. We reside on a living, breathing planet. It just is.. it would happen whether people lived there or not, it happened before humanity rose up, it will after we are gone.

That said, I think I am going to stay put for doomsday 2012, and ride it out with friends and loved ones in a safe place. While mother nature may not have premeditated plans, I am not so sure about humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!