Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Long Live the Coupon Queen..

I admit it, I love coupons. I am not as neurotic as teh people who spend hours planning their shopping, spend money to get tons of coupons so they can buy enough toilet paper for 40 years or ketchup for a decade (dude really?? Do they no know the words expiration date and food poisoning), but I do stock up. And I am that annoying chick that you curse in line in front of you because I have a coupon for literally everything I buy- untill you hear the lady say 'It was 250 bucks, you only owe me 92.47.'

I grew up with not much.. mom worked 2 jobs to try and pay for a roof over our heads and food and utilities. 2 TEACHING jobs, so you can see how much THAT would be. My father was a deadbeat bum, who had disability and got money for us kids, but never gave it to mom to take care of us, because he was a jerk, which is why she left in the first place. But I digress.. it was tough and we learned how to budget. I didn't get electronics, I didn't get to go out to eat, I didn't go on vacations. I did get schooled on how to make my pennies scream for mercy, and I do.

I'm getting ready to lay out all the coupons I clipped this morning, to sort through things. I have trouble remembering my own name some times, but I can tell you what stores run what sales and when to start looking for them. I use multiple points programs, and can get multiple discounts on you name the product.

I guess it's something I am proud of.. I may not be healthy enough to work, but I can still contribute to the welfare of our family. Even on days when I can't get up off the couch because I hurt, I know that I have been able to make the times count that I can get up- I can make sure what money we do have is stretched so the kids have cool stuff to eat, to wear, to experience. Although I do have to chuckle.. dh went to go out today and teh first thing we talked about is what coupons I had, what does he need.. and bless his heart I had a coupon for free panties from Victoria's Secret, and the coupon man that he is, he stopped off and got them for me :)

I love that he knows me so well, and that he gets me, and gets what I do with this whole coupon thing. I think that's the statement in itself- we love each other and support each other, even in teh little things like saving money with coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!