Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Invincibility of Duct Tape

I think Duct Tape must be the greatest thing ever made (followed by the steam cleaner by McCulloch). I need to make a Lowe's run this week-end to get some more, because I am almost out. It was great enough when it was available in silver only, but now there are rainbow colors, even a rainbow tape, cammo tape, leapord print, you name it. I wish they had coupons for it, but as much money as it saves me, even without coupons it's totally worth it.. for example:

DH's car had a loose headlight from breaking one of teh mounts that had frozen and cracked when we tried to replace a headlight. So we duct taped that puppy in place ind it was good till the headlight went out the next time (quite a while later) and we replaced teh light and the tape and repeated several times over till teh car died. They wanted 150 bucks for that part.. I spent 5 bucks worth of duct tape on it..

I send boxes closed with it, fix anything plastic, cracked, or broken with it. I have taped hardback books back together, fixed a cup, and yes, repaired a duct.

I guess what brings this to mind is the Red Green show, which is awesome, and a blessing of PBS. They fix EVERYTHING with duct tape.. from the mega wok to the mid car engine sportscar (two 70's boats duct taped together after they sawed the trunk off one).. Anything you can imagine, you can duct tape.

SO from Possum Lodge's motto - 'I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess', I think it shoudl be modified:

I'm a girl, and I can duct tape, if I have to, you bet!

I must admit, I do love the Red Green show, too bad they don't make it any more. That's okay though.. I love Prarie Home Companion, who also loves duct tape (i.e. the American Duct Tape Council) and has the Ketchup Advisory Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!