Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe

The girls like the chicken gnocchi at Olive Garden with a few requests: more gnocchi, less veg. So I started trying out variations of my own for them.. Here's the latest..

Chicken gnocchi #47



-2 chicken breasts, slow cooked
-1 sm shallot
-1 pkg pancetta
- cpl small celery heart stalks finely chopped
-1 carrot shredded
-1 mushroom finely chopped
-2 pkg gnocchi 
-1 can cream of celery
-1 can cream of chicken
-2 c whole milk or cream

Cook gnocchi to instructions, drain, set aside

Shred chucked, set aside


Sautée pancetta, shallot, mushroom


Add in celery, carrot

Stir well and cook till carrots/celery are soft

Stir in chicken ( mine had about half a cup of residual broth 


Add in cream soups and milk


Sure and let simmer..

It thickens up a bit and what you get is this:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!