Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Burlap/Jute garland

I created triangular flag garland out of burlap fabric and jute cord. There was two yards of burlap at about a buck and a half a yard at Joannes (after coupon). There were 3 spools of jute cord at $1.50/spool (after coupon). I also created a basic muslin storage bag to match. 

Pattern:
Note the squared top. I folded over the burlap to stitch a sleeve for the jute cord. 


Individual flag:
I threaded the jute cord through, arranged them evenly along the length of the cord. Then I stitched the ends of each flag pocket across the cord so that they won't move. 


Jute cord:


The whole set. There are 3 - 9 foot sections of flag garland, each with a loop knot on the end to hang them. There are 7 flags per section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!