Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fairy Cookie Recipe

Found this online and modified it a bit..

Fairy Cookie Recipe

2 stick butter (real butter not margarine)
1 c powdered sugar
1 T real vanilla
2 T rosewater (see recipe below- I used macerated rose petals in mine)
1 1/2 c flour (or flour alternative, which is what I usually use)
1/4 t almond extract (optional)
slivered almonds (optional)
whole rose petals, candied rose or borage petals (optional)

Blend butter and powdered sugar till creamy. Add rose water, vanilla, almond extract. Then slowly add flour. May need a little extra flour, dough should be stiff but not rocklike. Spoon into small balls onto a cookie sheet and bake till slightly golden at 350 degrees.

Rose Water:

1/2 C Hot water (tea water)
petals from 1 rose or 3-4 sm roses (fresh from the garden)

Steep 1/2 hour.  Strain. There you have it.

I mash up the petals in mine though, so I have bits of petally goodness, and use that in my cookies.. I also tend to use roses I grow organically myself, and those that are particularly fragrant.

Cheers!

Oh! For those who are looking for magikal properties: These cookies tend to carry purification, healing and protection.. excellent for lunches for those we love and can't be with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!