Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Weeping Birch?

Trying to ID this guy and I'm pretty positive he's a weeping birch. The problem is he's got some heavy damage- what I'm thinking is bug and fungal damage, possibly a woodpecker? I do NOT want to give up till I have to, he's super pretty even all boogered up, and despite the fact that some idiot topped him. :/

Base trunk and why I think some fungal damage- it's do bad it doesn't much look like a birch, right?

You can sorta see the birch-ness here.. Point towards that ID I think... But that's a helluva lot of bug/bird damage.


The cut the top right off him.. He's coming back though.. See why I want to keep him? It looks healthy.. Or not dying. 

Larger close up of branches

Tighter close up

Cones/seeds



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!