Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Built in spice rack: part 2

So far I've got the mural done, pretty much. We still need to do butterflies and the little add ins but those come after the shelf goes in for placement's sake.. 

Just the base trunk:


Wrap around top branches with leaves:


Whole tree (and one green butterfly lol)


It surprises me, really, how much use I get out of those sample sizes of paint. This is at least thre or four projects now just picking up a couple here and there.

And I'm thrilled that my kids got interested in this- they helped with the painting and are helping with the rack construction/staining too. 

We figure, in our house, everybody gets to help out a bit so they learn how. That way my kids know HOW to do basics for themselves when they leave the nest.  Or they know just how to figure out where to find the answers to get it accomplished. 

Anywhoo, I've started with the staining process too.. Top to bottom it goes: (top) one coat stain + pre-stain, (middle) just pre-stain, and (bottom) untreated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!