Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Built In Spice Rack.. Part 1

I've conf to the conclusion I might have a small obsession with spices/herbs. 

This is my current rack:


And even at almost 5' it's just not big enough. Crazy, right? Not so much. So since I CAN do it now I am going to do it- a built in, bigger spice rack, like I've always dreamed about. I'm painting a mural behind it so it looks like the rack is part if the trunk of a tree.. 

In theory this is how it will go: 


It's got a couple anchoring shelves that are stationary for support but everything else is on a peg system and adjustable. The bottom space is taller for oils, etc.  I think it's going to look pretty cool, but we'll see. I've got the schematics figured, measurements drawn out and Maths double and triple checked. I've got the paint and stain and wood.. Now just to get it all put together. So many projects, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!