Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

All-Kare Barrier Wipes/Uni-solve Adhesive Remover

For all you other pump diabetics out there: I talked to my doc about the trouble with skin irritation at insertion sites and she suggested these types of things. I called my med supplier and asked for samples ( just ask, they can usually do it). So they sent me these to try, and while I think the All-Kare barrier works well I've discovered an issue: I need two boxes of the Uni-solve remover for every box of barrier wipes. When I used them my fingers got so sticky it was ridiculous, so I had to use a wipe on them. But now I smell like oranges :) I tried to just use the package and not touch the barrier wipe before using it on my set site, but that was a process and a half and didn't turn out well. And I still wound up with sticky fingers!

But for sensitive skin it seems to be helping.. I have to change my sets daily, not like most who get 3 days out of them. All that switching does a number on skin tissue.. This seems to help some. I'd give it 8 out of 10. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!