Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Danish Apple Coconut coffee cake/muffins

I remember my mom making this when I was a kid.. Love it so much!! She made it in a cake pan, I made muffins so the kids can grab and go.. Freezes really well and super easy to make. Note: real butter makes it so much better!



   Danish Apple Coconut Coffee Cake

    3/4 c. margarine                                  
 1/2 c. cold  milk
    1 c sugar                                              
 1  1/4 c. shredded coconut
    3 eggs                                                   
2 lg tart apples, peeled and diced
    1  1/2 c sifted flour                              
 1/4 sliced almonds
    2 t. baking powder                              
  2 T sugar
    1/4 t. salt

Cream margarine and sugar until smooth.  Add eggs and mix well.  Sift flour with salt and baking powder
and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.  Blend until smooth.  Stir in coconut, then fold in apples.
Pour into well greased 9 x 12 baking dish.  Sprinkle with almonds, then 2 T sugar.  Bake at 350 degrees for
30-35 minutes.

(After peeling & dicing apples dip them in lemon juice to maintain their light color.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!