Lady Que's Big Blog of Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.

Just a little corner of the net where I can hide away and exist I guess..

A little of this and a little of that- some of myself, some record of things I find interesting and helpful too.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Handfasting... cord ceremony

I was reading a really fabulous short story recently and there was a bit about a handfasting/soul bonding ritual in it. It was told 3rd person perspective and so all the parts aren't quite there, so I am working with this to round it out, but so far, here is what I have.. will just keep editing teh post as I am able till I get it rounded out. Thanks much to Cheryl D for some of the wording and the concept and the whole idea really.. (write more woman!)

This ritual can be done as part of a traditional ceremony or a tantric ceremony or a renewal I would think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


(Beginning)
Partners make an ogham or runic or knotwork that is important to the couple on the palm of the hands to be joined. Each partner draws for the other- a man draws for his wife and she draws for him. They can select to have something unique drawn on them, or both the same. Then they place the left hand palm together with their beloved, to begin the bonding ceremony. 

Are you fully cognizant of the meaning of the ceremony in which you are about to partake?

(both answer) I am.

Are you aware that the words spoken today shall create a bond between us that cannot be broken, save by death?
(both answer) I am.

Do you, therefore, seek to enter this bond of your own free will?

(both answer) I do.

I think partners taking alternate turns to wraps each cord around their joined wrists would work best so that the dialogue is shared. Working on finishing out the dialogue and colors and so forth.. The other option is to each hold one end and bind it round while speaking together.

(Gold cord) By this cord do I bind our spirits as one. May our lives be blessed with the virile energy of the sun, and our unity overseen by the powers of light. By this cord do I add my energy to yours.”

(Silver cord) By this cord to I bind our spirits as one. May our lives be blessed with the purity of the moon, and with the creativity and love symbolized by its silvery light. By this cord do I add my love to yours.

(Black cord) By this cord do I bind our spirits as one. May it grant us the wisdom to overcome negativity and banish evil. By this cord do I add my wisdom to yours.

green (May it grant us luck and success)

blue (May it grant us patience and tranquility—Draco nearly laughed aloud at that one, and Harry gave him a warning glare, although his lips twitched); and finally

red (May it infuse us with strength and passion for the rest of our days).

The knots of this binding are formed by the vows we have spoken, and shall not be severed even after the cords are removed


By this final symbol, I join myself to you,__________________.
Mind to mind, heart to heart, hand to hand, soul to soul, I bind myself to you with this.

(exchange 1st ring)

By this final symbol, I join myself to you,__________________.
Mind to mind, heart to heart, hand to hand, soul to soul, I bind myself to you with this.
(exchange 2nd ring)

So mote it be

(seal with a ceremonial kiss)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!